Here is another recipe - tried and trusted by my family for many years... Jam Drops
I love the versatility of this recipe for Jam Drops, as you can easily alter the shape of the cookies to suit special events and occasions:
- a heart-shaped cutter makes it a Valentine
- a Xmas tree or a star cutter makes it a Christmas treat
- once I even omitted the jam and shaped the mixture into little u-shapes and decorated with silver cachous to make a horseshoe for Melbourne Cup like this:
You are only limited by your imagination...
125g butter or margarine (I use butter)
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Line biscuit trays with baking paper.
3. Beat butter and sugar to a cream with electric beater.
5. Gradually add sifted flour.
Coconut Biscuits - add 2-3 tblsp coconut to the basic mixture, (omit step 8 and jam).
You can download a printable version of the template here.
Enjoy these yummy treats!