Friday 17 August 2012

Planner Pages Organisation

I feel like I haven't been making much progress with my study makeover, so this week I decided to do a couple of little projects that have helped me feel like I am getting somewhere...  Today I will share how I store my used planner pages, prior to archiving them.

I found this gorgous napkin stand at Ikea recently, and knew that I just had to have it.  What for?  I did not know, but I bought it anyway.  I thought it was just perfect for vertical paper storage (my newest organising passion), so I brought it home and stood it on my desk empty for a few weeks.  At only $3.99 I think it was a bargain, and I knew I would find a use for it sooner or later!

Then one day it dawned on me - this was the perfect size for storage of A5 paper!  And my daily planner is made of A5 paper inserts!  A match made in heaven! 



As I use one page per day (for work) plus pages for meetings and professional development notes, as well as two pages per week (for home), I am frequently removing the used planner inserts, so that my planner doesn't get too thick and cumbersome.  I like to keep all of my old pages, for future reference, and also as my professional work log.

As I didn't have a great system set up for transitioning these used planner pages into my archive box, I decided that I would use this pretty little stand as a temporary home for my planner pages that I have removed.


I made a up a cover sheet using some cardstock, a label and my trusty laminator - so now it looks visually appealing and is so very practical too!

2 comments:

onshore said...

The napkin holder is just perfect for the paper. Whole lot better than the traditional paper holders.

Cassandra said...

I think so too Leena! I can't wait for you to reveal your office make-over - it looks like you are getting close!! xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...