While I love to bake, I also love a good recipe that consists of lots of 'packets'! It usually indicates that the process will be easy and the outcome will be delicious! So, today I thought I would share with you how to make Caramel Tarts using Gingernut Biscuits as the 'base'.
2 packs Arnotts Gingernut Biscuits
1 tin Nestle Caramel Top n Fill
1 can Whipped Cream / 1 tub Dollop Cream
1. Place gingernut biscuits face down in a patty-pan - one per hole.
2. Bake for 5-7 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, until soft when pressed with a spoon.
3. Remove from oven, and press firmly with a teaspoon until a 'cup' shape is created.
4. Whip the Top n Fill using an electric mixer until smooth. (You can omit this step, however the caramel looks much smoother, and is easier to spread if you whip it first.)
5. Spread teaspoonfuls of caramel into gingernut cups.
6. Squirt/dollop cream on top of tart immediately before serving.
These are so easy and so yummy! One tin of caramel makes 20+ tarts.
But I just wanted to share a word of warning with you...
Don't give them to your husband to pack in the esky to take to a party... They may end up looking like this ;)