Monday 17 February 2014

January 2014 - Four Things I Love Right Now

Well, hello strangers!  I am so glad to be back!  Other than a few requested recipes and organising projects here and there, I have taken a rather long blogging break, while I settled into my new life as a mummy.  I can't thank you enough for all of your support during this time, and in the meantime, I have loved the interactions I have been able to have with many of you over on my Facebook page.

I must admit I was a bit sad to see the end of 2013.  It was honestly one of the best years of my life.  But, here we are in 2014, so if it is even half as great as last year was, it is going to be just wonderful!

Let's kick off the new year with four things about me right now... (I know its February - this post has been a long time coming!)

I just love being a mummy
I guess its no surprise to anyone, but I fell in love with being a mummy from the moment my darling daughter was born.  I just love everything about it.  Yes, we have had our ups and our downs, but not one day has passed that I haven't thanked the universe for giving me the gift of motherhood.  It was something that I had dreamed about for many years, and I often wondered if it would be all that I had hoped for.  Now I can safely say that it exceeded all expectations that I ever had!  I have been so fortunate to have been given the most wonderful little 'textbook' baby.  She is just a delight and we often look at each other and wonder how we managed to get such a happy, content little girl in our lives.  We are so, so lucky!    

And yes, I am a lot better at putting on cloth nappies now that I have had a bit of practice!


I am loving being on a tight budget
I have put us on a super strict budget for 2014.  As funny as it sounds, I am looking at it as a challenge and have been loving finding ways to cut costs everywhere I can.  From careful meal planning to cut the grocery bill to using cloth nappies on days we are at home, I am cutting costs everywhere I can.  We are so lucky with all of the abundance we have in our lives.  I have a few reasons for the strict budget, and if you are interested, I will share my savings ideas with you as I go along.



I love my Thermomix
If you follow my Facebook page, you will see that I am slightly obsessed with my super kitchen machine!  It has given me renewed interest in cooking and a new-found confidence in the kitchen.



I love my planner
My life is crafted in my planner.  It holds my schedule, my lists, my goals and dreams - just about anything that I think about, its in this little beauty.  It is a Filofax planner with Life is Crafted 2014 inserts.  


I can be so productive on the days that I use my planner effectively... it keeps me on track and focussed, and I love the feeling of accomplishment when my list is complete!



So, that's a little update from me for now.  I have so much more that I want to write about - lucky we have a whole year ahead of us ;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...