Sunday 15 April 2012

Meal Planning Inspiration

I was feeling like I was in a bit of rut with my meal planning recently.  I felt like we were having the same meals over and over, and I don't know about you, but I get tired of cooking the same foods...


Last night I decided to search for some insiration the old fashioned way - not online, but with some recipe books!  I picked out half a dozen books from my collection and sat down for about an hour of browsing pleasure!


I was armed with my kikki.K menu sticky tabs (that were given to me by a very special friend) and my notebook.  As I leafed through the recipe books, I tabbed pages that had recipes I want to try and recorded the ideas down in my book.  As I saw new recipes, this also made me remember meal ideas that we have previously enjoyed, but hadn't had in quite some time, so I wrote down those forgotten favourites on the list too.  I guess the change in season also prompted me to start thinking about warmer meals like curries, pies and soups, which will be a nice change on our dinner table.


Today I sat down with my Meal Planning template and easily planned our menu for the coming week.  It is so great to see some different ideas on the plan!  It is going to make cooking dinner much more interesting, and of course eating dinner will be much yummier too!  It also made my grocery shopping trip a little more interesting too :)

I also desperately need some new ideas for cooking fish.  My very clever husband caught a 19 kilogram wahoo last week, along with some good-sized snapper and pearl perch.  



Our freezer is overflowing with fresh fish, and I need some new ideas for meals so that we can use it up while it is still fresh!  Let me know if you have any great recipes for cooking fish...  I would love you to share!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...