Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Wedding Day Survival Kit for Lovers of Wine and Cheese

I posted a little while ago about the amazing Wedding Day Survival Kit that my sisters gave me on my special day - you can read about it here.

One of my beautiful sisters recently got married, so we had to get the creative juices flowing in order to come up with a wedding survival kit that was suited to her modern lifestyle and outlook on the world.  One of Nicky and Simon's favourite things to do is to go for wine and cheese at Oxford Street (one of Brisbane's most trendy restaurant strips).  So, my other sister and I put our heads together and came up with a survival kit that wasn't so traditional, rather contemporary, however still really meaningful.


We scripted a poem, framed it in this gorgeous frame (which I bought at Big W), added some handmade wine charms (which I will post about someday soon), a bottle of Moet and some strawberries...  and there we had our modern twist on the Wedding Day Survival Kit.

The poem reads:

 For Our Nicky - On your Wedding Day!  

Your wedding day survival kit… Champagne & Strawberries    
            
The cork represents the twists and turns of life’s journey ahead. 
The ‘pop’ symbolises the burst of happiness you feel each time you see Simon                                                                                         
The bubbles are so that you will always have zest &  passion in your relationship                 
The sparkle is to keep the spark in your hearts
The bottle is to bottle the feeling of the love that you feel today 
The wine charm represents your Prince Charming                                   
The champagne is so that you will never be thirsty            
A toast – so you will never be hungry                                              
And strawberries - may your love always be sweet                            

Love from Loui & Cass  xx



And just so that you can have a peek at just how stunning the bride looked...


And the moment of 'I Do'!



And all of the fun that we had on the day!




If you would like me to email you the poem template, feel free to contact me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...