Tuesday 25 October 2011

My Christmas List 2011

We all know that Christmas is coming!  And you must have been living under a rock if you didn't know that I just LOVE Christmas!  It is such a special time of year, filled with sharing fun times with family and friends, eating delicious food, drinking yummy drinks, admiring stunning and shiny decorations and exchanging gifts as a symbol of ongoing friendship and love.  

It is about this time of year that my family and I exchange our Christmas 'wishlist'.  We all love surprises, but there is also a place for receiving gifts of things that you have secretly hoping for all year :)  Exchanging Christmas lists with my family is certainly not presumptuous... we all love the gift of giving, and welcome suggestions from each other, as we are guaranteed to please if we stick to the list! I know that the process of thinking of, buying and wrapping gifts for my loved ones gives me so much joy, as I just love to spoil the special people in my life.

So, here is my Christmas wish list this year... 

- Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Paper Crafts
- Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing
- Bone folder & paper-creasing board
- Labeller & clear tape
- DJ's Outdoor Champagne Glasses x 8
- Lemon Tree
- Lime Tree
- Pink Searles Gardening Gloves
- Pink Agapanthus
- Black Clutch Purse with long handle (big enough for purse, phone, etc)

I have chosen a combination of house, garden, craft, stationery and personal items.  I gave the list to my mum, who will work her way through it, cross off what she gets and then pass it onto my sisters!  Of course I don't expect to receive everything on the list, but its good to give a variety of ideas.

And of course, I won't be disappointed if I don't get anything from this list, surprises are always fun too :)   It is always so special to use something that was given to you as a gift, and remember the person who was generous enough to give you the gift - it always brings a smile to my face.  I especially love giving and receiving plants, as every time they fruit or flower, you are reminded of that special someone, and you can celebrate another wonderful season of sharing a life together!

It is up to you if you choose to let gift-giving be materialistic or a financial burden...  As with everything in this world, it is your attitude that determines your experience.  This Christmas, I hope that you can see the joy in giving and receiving gifts ~ and remember how blessed you are to be here to celebrate the year of 2011.

I found this amazing quote which sums up the feeling that is in our house on Christmas morning...  I never thought words could quite capture a moment so perfectly, but I think these words are just perfect:
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...