Sunday 2 October 2011

A Tea Towel A Day

For many years, I have been in the habit of laying out a clean tea towel each night, so that I am greeted in the morning by a crisp, fresh tea towel for my kitchen duties.  I believe that this is a great habit, as by doing this, I know that when I wipe my hands or kitchen utensils with a tea towel, that they are going to be dried clean, and not having germs or bacteria passed onto them.  When I have a baking day, I obviously use more than one tea towel, but the general rule in my house is 'A Tea Towel A Day'. 

As you all know, I heart matching things!  That is why I have a few piles of tea towels that I rotate throughout the month, which are sorted according to their colour...

I have these red and white tea towels:
And these brown and white tea towels:

I have assorted brown, pink, cream and white ones (these are mostly the ones with pretty motifs embroidered on - generally gifts from my lovely friends or family):

And I have Flylady's 'Day of the Week' tea towels (you can see more about them here):

This way, I never get bored with my tea towels and I change the colour scheme every week or two.  (I also like it that most of them match my decor, it might seem a little over the top to some, but it hurts my head when things don't match!!)

I store my tea towels in my linen cupboard like this:

But I also store the current week's supply under the sink:

That way, they are nice and handy!  I have NO excuse not to change them daily when they are within reach :)  So, there you have it - another basic organisation tip of mine, with my quirky twist on it!

3 comments:

Natalie @ Mummysmiles said...

I notice that you use the linen/cotton ones. I have found that they don't dry my dishes very well, so I use the ones that resemble bath towels. Am I doing something wrong?

Cassandra said...

I know exactly what you are talking about Nat! Sometimes the fabric just isn't conducive to drying... I generally buy one or two to try out first, then go back and buy more if I like them. I find I also have trouble with them fading or the shape becoming distorted after washing them too! My worst experiences have been with the waffle-weave tea towels :( My red and white ones I bought this year at Big W - they weren't too expensive and have been really durable!

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most significant information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
Also see my website: White tea

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...