I know Easter is now done and dusted, but I have one last egg-cellent idea to share ;) And since you are all probably chocolate-d out, this is a nice sweet treat that isn't chocolate.
I decided to make these Easter Bunny biscuits for something new this year! I think they turned out so cute!
I used the delicious recipe below for cinnamon biscuits...
1/4 cup pure icing sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
caster sugar, to dust
ribbon, to decorate (I used 3mm ribbon)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line oven tray with baking paper.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, icing sugar and cinnamon until pale ad creamy.
3. Add the egg yolk and beat until just combined.
4. Add the combined flours and stir until mixture just comes together.
5. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
6. Roll dough out t a 2-5mm thick disc.
7. Use bunny shaped cookie cutter to cut out biscuits and place on baking tray.
8. Re-roll dough scraps to make more biscuits.
9. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
10. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
This recipe made 12 bunnies using a small sized bunny cookie cutter.
After allowing the biscuits to cool, I then tied a ribbon around the neck of each bunny. If you are going to try this, do this part carefully - I ended up with a few headless bunnies :(
Then I popped them into a small snap lock bag.
And finally, I sealed them with this bag topper.
I create this template in Publisher, using some Easter clip art that I had downloaded for free online (sorry - I can't find the site again! Just google free Easter printable templates and you will find lots of great printables). In Publisher, I just added a border and a message, and fiddled with the size until it fit the bags perfectly.
And there you have it! A gorgeous little Easter gift, that is home-baked, tastes yummy and looks super cute!