Thursday 27 September 2012

Christmas Wrapping Paper - 2012

I took the plunge today and bought my Christmas wrapping paper for this year!  It is such a big decision - well for me it is anyway!  I like to have all matching paper, and since I am not that great coordinating patterns, I like to stick with one style of paper for all of our Christmas presents.

The last 5 or so years, our Christmas colours have been Brown and Gold.  You can see where I have posted about this here and here.  This year I decided to shake things up a bit, and I am adding Red to the mix.  At the after-Christmas sales last year I bought up big - lots of red baubles and tinsel, which cost next to nothing!  I am ready for my new-look Christmas in 2012!

So, when it came to the wrapping paper, I knew I wanted red, to help to bring out the new colour I am adding to my colour theme - as I won't have half as many red decorations as I do brown and gold.  This is my cheap and easy way of making our tree burst with the new colour!

Here it is....



Red with gold snowflakes!  I love it!  I bought 24 metres of the stuff.  I have no idea how much I will need (I think I can safely say I have enough), but at $2 a roll, I played it safe rather than sorry.



Now to hunt around for some nice gold ribbon...  And to get creative with the wrapping process.  Last year I just loved the wrapping combo that I came up with (read about it here), so the pressure is on again for something original and simple, yet effective.



Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...